Communicate your research
Tutorial: Communicating your research with posters
In this tutorial you will:
- Learn and apply the design elements used in creating research posters
- Identify and describe good and bad design elements
- Explore tools available to create posters
- Understand practical requirements of posters
Tutorial: Design and deliver effective presentations
After completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Identify the audience and core concept for your presentation topic
- Create an engaging presentation
- Understand and apply sound design principles
- Find and reserve practice spaces across campus
Presentation practice & recording
- 1:Button Studios1:Button Studios are fully automated HD video recording spaces with professional studio lighting and sound equipment. They are set up to record high-quality video projects without any knowledge of lights and cameras. There are currently four 1:Button Studio locations on campus (Magrath Library has the one on St. Paul).
Tutorial: Researching and writing a literature review
After completing this tutorial, you will:
- Understand the purpose and value of a literature review
- Recognize the procedure behind an effective literature review
Tutorial: Formatting your dissertation in Word
Learn how to use these Word features effectively and efficiently:
- basic templates
- images, captions, and page numbers
- front matter
- work with styles and much more!
Visualize your Research
The Data Visualization Guide covers best practices and useful tools for successful data visualization. Exploratory visualization can help discover patterns in the data that may not be clear from statistics alone.
In addition to supporting a deeper understanding of data patterns, visualization is also a frequent final output of research. Putting some time and thought into data visualization upfront can help you create more effective charts, graphs, and figures. While software and data type may vary by discipline, the underlying concepts of good data visualization are consistent.