Start your research
Start your research by picking a topic and learning about scholarly articles
Tutorial: Academic Integrity: What is a scholar?
Tutorial: Choosing a research paper topic
Tutorial: What does it mean to be a scholarly source?
Tutorial: How scholarly research gets published in peer-reviewed journals and where to find it all
Tutorial: Creating an effective search strategy
Tutorial: Database search tips
Improve your searches! This guide will help you:
- Apply search modifiers AND, OR, and NOT to your database searches
- Recognize phrase searching and other advanced search techniques
Tutorial: What is a library database and why should I use one?
After completing this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Identify what a library database is
- Recognize the two main types of library databases
- Know why you should use them
- Understand why searching a library database is different than searching the general internet
Tutorial: Exploring a scholarly research article
Tutorial: How to read and comprehend scientific research articles
Tutorial: What are citations?
Tutorial: Using citations to find journal articles and books
In this tutorial you will learn:
- Journal articles include citations you can use to identify other relevant articles and books
- To use Libraries Search to find articles and books
- To contact the Libraries if you need help
Last Updated: Jan 11, 2023 11:50 AM