This guide is an in-depth listing of Scandinavian and Nordic Studies resources available to students and faculty at the University of Minnesota. Countries covered include Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
Explore databases and resources relevant to research in Scandinavian & Nordic Studies. Use the tabs on the left to find specific types of resources, such as journal articles, books, and reference works
Questions? Need help? Contact Brian Vetruba, European Studies and Digital Scholarship Librarian (email@example.com). You can also schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with Brian.
Key Resources for Scandinavian & Nordic Studies
- Libraries SearchSearch the University of Minnesota Libraries to find books, scholarly journal articles, news, magazines, media, and other items in the University's collection. View this tutorial to learn how to go from a general idea to a very precise set of results of journal articles and scholarly materials.
- InterLibrary Loan & Digital DeliveryInterlibrary Loan (ILL) & Digital Delivery offers access to materials needed for courses and research, including materials not currently available within the University of Minnesota Libraries, AND digital copies of articles and book chapters from our print and microform collections. Free for currently-affiliated University students, faculty, and staff.
- Europa World PlusEuropa World is a source of information for more than 250 countries and territories. Find facts, statistics, history, political, economic and other information including geography, media outlets, education, government agencies, trade and industry, tourism and other organizations. A major bibliography is included for each country and survey articles on various issues are listed for each major region.
- Historical AbstractsFind journal articles covering world history from 1450 to the present. Limited to 6 simultaneous users.
- MLA International BibliographyUse the MLA International Bibliography to find scholarly books and articles on modern languages, literatures, folklore, and linguistics. This index has been compiled by the Modern Language Association of America since 1926.
- WorldCatFind books, journals, articles, maps, music scores, sound recordings, films, theses/dissertations, machine-readable data files, and any other materials available in libraries worldwide. All subject areas are covered. Request items through Interlibrary Loan using the ILLiad link on each item's record. A mobile version of this database is available. Limited to 65 simultaneous users.
Last Updated: Mar 30, 2023 1:34 PM