- ESG Frameworks ComparisonProvided by Bloomberg, this document compares ESG framework structure & reporting guidelines from Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), & the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
Bloomberg collects data on specific companies and allows you to screen for companies meeting specific ESG criteria. To see all ESG factors regarding a specific company:
Type your company's ticker.
Then, hit the yellow EQUITY key.
Type FA ESG and hit the green <GO> key.
To screen for a list of companies:
Type EQS and hit the green <GO> key.
Click on the Fields button.
Then, expand the menu for Fundamentals, then Bloomberg Fundamentals, then ESG to see a list of available variables.
Bloomberg also has a number of analytical templates available by entering ESG and the green <GO> key.
- Bloomberg ProfessionalNews and analytics for over 129 countries and 250 exchanges for the financial services industry. Offerings include 24-hour historical and 15-minute delayed securities pricing, news, data, and analysis on companies, markets and economies. Access is only available from terminals in Wilson or Walter libraries. See details below.
Bloomberg Professional desktop is available in Wilson Library (West Bank Campus), and laptops in Walter Library (for use in the Toaster). See access instructions below.
Using Bloomberg Professional in Wilson Library. Direct specific questions to the Libraries business specialists: email@example.com.
Using Bloomberg Professional laptops in Walter Library (for use in the Toaster)
- Sustainable finance & ESG in Bloomberg ProfessionalProvides a list of key functionality for ESG ratings on the Bloomberg Terminal.
UMN affiliated users may request an individual account by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FitchConnect (formerly BMI Research)Detailed reports on global industrial and municipal markets, companies and nonprofits, emphasizing emerging markets. Include extensive country risk and credit ratings, macroeconomic and financial analysis, and ESG scores. Find intra-daily alerts on economic, industrial, and political developments, business deals, multinational joint ventures, and regulatory changes.
- Fitch Ratings ESG Relevance Scores DataFind ESG Relevance Scores within entity profile summaries in FitchConnect. For more information on the methodoogy, framework, and indicators see the FAQ Document.
S&P Capital IQ Pro
- S&P Capital IQ PRO (with access to ESG and Panjiva Supply Chain)S&P Capital IQ PRO (formerly known as S&P Market Intelligence and SNL) is a platform that integrates real time and historical financial and industry data, research and news. Analyze thousands of global public and private companies, their ownership structure, and related transaction data. PRO provides access to a wide range of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) data and analytics and trade and supply chain data with Panjiva. See "More Info" for detailed account creation instructions first time users.
Guest users not affiliated with the University, please contact email@example.com ahead of your visit to arrange for login access.
- ESG OverviewEnvironmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Reference Materials for the S&P Capital IQ Pro platform. Login required.
- ESG Score SummaryLearn how to find and navigate S&P Global ESG Scores and data. which provide an assessment of companies' ESG performance with company-level, dimension-level, and criteria-level scores based on the S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) process, an annual evaluation of companies’ sustainability practices.
- ESG & Paris AlignmentHow to find and navigate The Paris Alignment data in S&P Capital IQ Pro, which sets tracks and forecasts company emissions relative to the goal of limiting global warming to below 2°C from pre-industrial levels, as well as other climate change scenarios.
Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)
WRDS access is only available for CSOM affiliated students & staff. For access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSCI ESG KLD STATS Data Set MethodologyThis document provides a key & methodology for all ESG performance indicators measured by the MSCI ESG Ratings
- MSCI (formerly KLD and GMI)Via CSOM WRDS MSCI - contains variables related to categories such as community, corporate governance, diversity, employee relations, environment and human rights. Choose MSCI as your dataset, then MSCI ESG KLD Stats.
- Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS)Via CSOM WRDS
. Institutional clients turn to ISS to apply their corporate governance views, identify
environmental, social and governance risk, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global
Thomson Reuters Eikon
Eikon is available through WRDS for CSOM affiliates only.
- Eikon database ESG Research GuideThomson Reuters provides a rich source of ESG research data, providing performance information for in-depth, responsible investment analysis, helping asset managers meet the sustainable investment mandates of their clients, and also identify risks in their portfolios.
- Refinitive ESG Score Methodology (Eikon)The Refinitiv ESG score measures the company’s ESG performance based on verifiable reported data in the public domain. It captures and calculates over 450 company-level ESG measures, of which a subset of 186 of the most comparable and material per industry power the overall company assessment and scoring process.